Re: Is there a speed limit through trailable points?

On Tue, 04 May 1999 09:51:38 +1000, steam4me@enternet.com.au (Yuri J
Sos) wrote:

>Yesterday, I was chasing R711 from Geelong to Ballarat and not faring
>very well north of Lal Lal due to a burst of speed by R711 (this is
>going to be one hairy beast to chase when it's in service <g!>).
>
>However, I beat it to Warrenheip bridge by 2 minutes having been
>beside it at Navigators (I didn't expect to see it before Ballarat).
>
>So, a question for any VLP/FV drivers: is there a speed limit for
>trains to pass through a loop with trailable points (ie Warrenheip,
>Sulky, Tourello, Talbot, etc.)?  I suppose you can't really barrel
>through a trailable loop at line speed, can you?

Normally the speeds are:-
Over Facing Trailable points = on straight track 80; on diverging
track 40 km/h.
Over Trailing Trailable points = on diverging track 40; on straight
track 65 until locomotive clears points then 80 km/h.

At Warrenheip:-
Over Facing Trailable Points = 40 km/h.
Over Trailing Trailable Points = 40 until locomotive clears points
then 115 km/h.

Cheers

Krel

Just another eccentric crank.