Re: gunzel?

On 4 May 1999 06:47:33 GMT, markbau1@aol.comQQQQyuk (MarkBau1) wrote:

>Someone once came up with a definition from an unnamed pommy dictionary where
>it meant "kept boy"
>
>I have to agree with GOD, it depends on how its used. If I were to say so and
>so is a &*%^ing gunzel that would be bad, but if I said I went "gunzelling"
>that would be ok.
>
>Foamer is a similarly used word in the US, it simply means someone who is a
>gunzel, like gunzel, the way its used is what matters.
>
>Poms call them "gricers" don't they?

I am not sure.  I thought "gricer" was a term for somebody who was
interested in collecting route mileage, but it may be a generic term
for an "anorak".

Apparently the term "grice" is derived from "griced with our
presence".

JD

John Dennis                         jdennis@acslink.net.au
Melbourne                                  denjo02@cai.com
Australia                   Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway
DBT URL:       http://www.acslink.net.au/~jdennis/dbt.html