Re: Kosovo

In Jan.78 I was passing through Yugoslavia, and rode a tram in Osijek.  I
was arrested just for riding (it was night, and I was not photographing).
I was held in a classic white room with a bright overhead lamp for ages:
the commandant was having trouble finding an interpreter of English.
In the end, the commandant was far more sensible than his young overzealous
policeperson.  After a lot of trivial questions I was released, and made my
onward connection (but had missed dinner).

Osijek was bombed heavily in the first round of the civil war leading to
national disintegration.  I didn't feel any pity.  I wonder if the tramway
survived?

--
Regards
Roderick Smith