Re: Signalling in Victoria

In article <7du87d$6oj$2@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU>,
  cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au (Christopher_Martin GORDON) wrote:
> : > What colour are the arms on a semaphore repeating signal?  I know of only
one
> : > semaphore repeating that was at Maldon Junction any I have no idea what
colour
> : > the arms were.  The top arm was fixed at yellow, and the bottom yellow or
> : > green.
>
> : Yellow with black chevrons, same as a distant signal.  IIRC there were two
at
> : Maldon Junction, one for each line.  The one from the Castlemaine direction
> : had a single arm, allowing Y/Y and G/Y indications, while that from the
> : Maldon direction had two arms, allowing Y/Y and Y/G indications.  I also
> : believe these
>
> Sorry I ment two arm repeating signals, I have and read "Clear Normal Speed"
> the photo on the back of post Y (Maldon Junction) looks like the chevron for
> the top arm is white, and the bottom arm is black chevron (like a normal
distant)
> so would the top arm be like a distant under a home?  I have seen about 5
different
> photos (all b&w) of post Y and they all look the same (ie top arm has a white
> chevron)

Well, I never.	I have the book, but haven't read it for many years, and
currently it is "archived" (read: in a box buried somewhere deep in a garden
shed).	The SRSV had an article on Maldon Junction in the last few years in
their newsletter, that should be easier for me to dig out.  Maybe there will
be more information there.

I must admit it was an assumption that both arms would be yellow.

John Dennis
Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway
http://www.acslink.net.au/~jdennis/dbt.html