Re: Signalling in Victoria

Ok, just a couple more questions about 2 position signalling.  The numbers on
the signal posts are usually the lever number, and where there are many levers
the first lever number is on the post.  Is this correct?  If so then in places
like Sunbury the lever (switch) number has no relationship with the post
number.

Disc and dawf signals. Most sidings and wrong line moves have/had disc
signals, if you have a colour light signal is it called a disc, or a two
position dawf?

Eltham has two homes (on for each road) and a dawf/disc for the sidings, this
is a little like the Showgrounds (ie it has a 'siding' sign and it normally
off, but shows yellow for moves into the sidings), I spose in the days of
semaphore signals this would have been a disc.

Now three position signalling.  Where you have a signal that shows red/red,
yellow/red & green/red it is three aspect signalling?

Where you have red/red, red/yellow, yellow/green & green/red it is four aspect
signalling?

Where you have say a junction and the signal shows red/red, yellow/red &
green/red for one route or red/red, red/yellow & red/green apart from the
being a home signal would you say the signal has 5 aspects?

Signals the clear in the following order: red/red, red/yellow, yellow/red,
yellow/green, & green/red (I think that is right) it has the yellow/red aspect
because a full overlap is provided after the train has past some point, but
the next signal is still red/red.

All dawf signals are three position (in three position signalling area) but
some only show two aspects.  The signals at either end of the centre road of
Clifton Hill are three aspect with trip levers.  Are these dawfs, or home
signals, or something else?

Transition from Two position signalling to three position, sometimes it is
like Greensbourgh where there is a home to post X and then post X is a three
position signal.

Or like St Albans where you have a home signal, repeating, then a three
position home.  I think the repeating signal is like a distant (but with a
yellow marker).  Is that right?

What colour are the arms on a semaphore repeating signal?  I know of only one
semaphore repeating that was at Maldon Junction any I have no idea what colour
the arms were.  The top arm was fixed at yellow, and the bottom yellow or
green.

Well that's all I need to know for now (until I am totally confused again)

Regards,

--
Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord