Re: Signalling in Victoria

: > What colour are the arms on a semaphore repeating signal?  I know of only one
: > semaphore repeating that was at Maldon Junction any I have no idea what colour
: > the arms were.  The top arm was fixed at yellow, and the bottom yellow or
: > green.

: Yellow with black chevrons, same as a distant signal.  IIRC there were two at
: Maldon Junction, one for each line.  The one from the Castlemaine direction
: had a single arm, allowing Y/Y and G/Y indications, while that from the
: Maldon direction had two arms, allowing Y/Y and Y/G indications.  I also
: believe these

: You sound like a candidate for the Signalling Record Society - and maybe a
: visit to the State Library to read John Sinnat's "Clear Normal Speed".

Sorry I ment two arm repeating signals, I have and read "Clear Normal Speed"
the photo on the back of post Y (Maldon Junction) looks like the chevron for
the top arm is white, and the bottom arm is black chevron (like a normal distant)
so would the top arm be like a distant under a home?  I have seen about 5 different
photos (all b&w) of post Y and they all look the same (ie top arm has a white
chevron)

--
Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord