Re: New logic on Metcard

markbau1@aol.comQQQQyuk (MarkBau1) writes:

><<<<<I still refuse to revalidate my card, as do 99% of other tram
>passengers.>>>>>>

>Using this logic you would have no problem if someone "borrowed" your car for a
>quick trip to the city? "Well it was just parked there doing nothing"

>However you coat it, fare evasion is theft, no matter how cockeyed the system
>is.

I did _not_ say I evaded fairs. I said I refuse to REvalidate my ticket.

I always travel with a paid-for and valid ticket. I validate it the first
time I use it.

But the manditory requirement to keep putting the ticket in a validator
after the first validation is ridiculous.

And I stick by the 99% figure. People get on trams and sit down. Very few
head for the validator first.

--
Paul Dwerryhouse                                        paul@xenu.ee.mu.oz.au
"The growing use of e-mail, not to mention Web-page publishing, threatens to