Re: New logic on Metcard

: >However you coat it, fare evasion is theft, no matter how cockeyed the system
: >is.

: I did _not_ say I evaded fairs. I said I refuse to REvalidate my ticket.

: I always travel with a paid-for and valid ticket. I validate it the first
: time I use it.

I am sorry Paul is right.

It can not be fare evasion if you have bought a ticket, and it is valid.

The rules and regs for Valid - A ticket with an expiry date, correct zones, not expired, concession
card if required.

I have a monthly ticket expiring on 31 March, zone 123, concession.  I have a valid concession
card, so therefore a VALID ticket.  If you have a valid ticket, then it can not be fare evasion.

 (however I am still in breach of reg 206, for not validation my ticket each time, but I would
happly go to court to prove I don't need to validate a valid ticket)

--
Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord