Re: Ararat BG connections

Gavin Potter <gavpot@ozemail.com.au> wrote, and I selectively quote:

>What is the use of re-installing the BG to Ararat anyway. The only traffic
>it might get is a passenger train to Ararat once a day. There is certainly
>no other traffic available from Ararat or Beufort.

According to "The Age" a couple of weeks ago (and I posted the links
here - look in Dejanews), the tenderers were asked to go back and
re-jig their tenders based on BG rail access being restored to Ararat
and/or improvements to track work for passenger services in the
northwest.

It's what the Government asked, not the tenderers.  We're just
speculating on how they'd do it.

Regards

Yuri
--