Re: Hillside Trains (Melbourne) - Station Vacancies

David Proctor wrote:

> Ben Thomas wrote in message <36DDACF7.FFB20164@unico.com.au>...
>
> >I love this bit. Do they want you to have a drivers licence and car because
> they
> >know the public transport system is so unreliable and they know you wont be
> able
> >to get to work on time if you use it?
>
> No, they want you to have a drivers licence and car because they want you to
> either open the station BEFORE the first train or close it AFTER the last
> train. If you did not have a car, how would you get to and from the station?
>
> DaveP

That might be so, but I don't think that they can say you MUST have your
own car and drivers licence unless they want to you actually drive
around as part of the job.

How you are going to get to the job if you get the position, is entirely
your problem.

your wife/husband/flatmate/friend/workmate might be willing to drive
you, you might live close enough to walk or ride a bike, you might be
willing to get a taxi to or from work (I assume you wouldn't be working
from before the first train til after the last), or you might have some
other way of getting there.

Perhaps Gareth can tell us why you had to have a car?

Quentin.

Regards

Quentin.
--
May God stand between/ Quentin Christensen
you and harm in all / ogo1@mynx.wow.aust.com