Re: Bluebirds to Run extra services in SA?

Maurie Daly wrote:

> I can also recall that on several occasions in the late 1970s that a Daylight
> version of the Overland ran although it was pretty rare and Im fairly sure
> that it never ran in both directions on the same day.
> Can anyone remember ?
>
> MD

There was a Daylight in the 1980s.   I'm not sure which year but it ran
over the Christmas / January Holiday period.

It essentially was an extension of the Dimboola Passenger out of
Melbourne.   I don't know about the other way.  I traveled Melbourne to
Adelaide on a stinking hot day as I recall.

Cheers
Neil Waller
mailto:waller@iweb.net.au
Web Page http://members.iweb.net.au/~waller/