Re: Bluebirds to Run extra services in SA?

david wrote:

> Out of interest, could the Adelaide Station cope with "Modern" SQ train lengths
> ???

Apparently a full length IP or Ghan is estimated to take about 8 minutes
to cross over the broad gauge tracks into platform 1 or so our Minister
of transport said on radio back at Easter time.

The ex Director of Transport could hardly contain his mirth at the
suggestion of North Terrace being used for interstate trains.

And the 8 minutes is, for the IP at least, in peak hours.

Cheers
Neil Waller