Re: Bluebirds to Run extra services in SA?

David Bennetts <davibenn@pcug.org.au> wrote in article
<3771742b.0@newshost.pcug.org.au>...
| We seem to be getting a lot of reports in this NG about NSW and Victoria,
| but little from elsewhere.
| One item of interest is that the cities of Port Augusta, Port Pirie and
| Whyalla are pushing for the return of passenger rail services to their
| region, and have had discourse with the operators of the Barossa Wine
train
| to see if they can provide Bluebird Railcars for the service.  Will
another
| attempt be made to restore the railcars which V/Line couldn't get going?

One of the deciding factors with regard to the return of country passenger
trains in SA will be whether SG tracks are reinstated to Adelaide Station.
It is interesting to note that in the recent media announcement of the $85m
extensions to the convention centre over more of the tracks leading into
the station, it was stated that "the option of reinstating standard-gauge
rail tracks into the station, so interstate passenger trains again can come
into the city, has been kept alive in the plans".

Lachlan
ADELAIDE