Re: Bluebirds to Run extra services in SA?

Lachlan Smith wrote in message <01bebdf1$e3dc82c0$66ec38cb@default>...

>One of the deciding factors with regard to the return of country passenger
>trains in SA will be whether SG tracks are reinstated to Adelaide Station.
>It is interesting to note that in the recent media announcement of the $85m
>extensions to the convention centre over more of the tracks leading into
>the station, it was stated that "the option of reinstating standard-gauge
>rail tracks into the station, so interstate passenger trains again can come
>into the city, has been kept alive in the plans".

I may have missed something here, but the media announcement says: "the
option of reinstating standard-gauge rail tracks into the station..."

I am curious as to when Standard Gauge was last in Adelaide Station - the
media announcement says the option of *reinstatement* has been kept alive.
You can only reinstate something if it was there before!

DaveP