Re: LA Rail Revival

I promise you don't want an LA style rail network.  The number of riders is
tiny compared to the number of people moving around by car each day (150000
cars go through a freeway interchange about a mile from here every day), and
LA is of such a size that trillions of dollars would be required to connect
it all by rail.  As it is, so much money has been wasted on lines that don't
go where people want to go (for example, the green line goes past the
airport without a connection, so you can't use it to get downtown), that the
bus services for people who rely on public transport have suffered imensely.

Mal