Re: History of the building of the NE SG line.

Rod wrote:

> Well you may be right!, I am dammed if I can see a K in either construction.
> I have been a Model Railroader for most of my life, and "Peco" always call
> the thing a frog!
> I presume because one rail crosses [over?] the other.
> On several occasions, usually the result of derailment...I have heard this
> piece of track called a K crossing..I have never heard it called a frog [and
> when I say frog, the gangers look blankly at me, when I point it out, they
> say Oh you mean the K crossing!
> Hence my reason for calling it so...Never heard it called a V crossing
> either.

If you have a close look at the crossing (where one rail crosses the other) it
looks like a big V with wing rails. At the side of a diamond crossing you have
quite different looking crossings - K type because the sort of look like a K -
and you also have two V crossings. Gangers in Vic would certainly have heard of
V crossings, it is not a local thing, however, they would look blankly when you
said frog. Frog is an English thing.

David.