Re: Rail Profile

> As a few of the standard crossing layouts where only ever designed for
> 47/53kg rail, 53kg rail still has a future in Australia..........
>
> Cheers
>
> Stephen Devenish

I remember a Victorian Civil Engineer telling me a few years ago that
they could not justify buying 60Kg over 53kg for the axle loading
capabilities.
Also in South East Asia most of the railways have committed to UIC54
rather than the heavier stuff, although I have seen some very worn UIC54
carrying only 12t axle loads!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/