Re: Rail Profile

Ben Staples <98711576@student.hawkesbury.uws.edu.au> wrote in article
<7jup6l$61b@ob1.uws.EDU.AU>...
> I've heard it said (from a fellow at work) that you can only get 60kg
rail
> from BHP now. No more 53kg.
>
> Ben Staples

BHP Will be happy to make any rail profile providing you buy enough as was
said by another NG member.  As for what BHP currently make well the fellow
at work is incorrect, following are some of the sizes that are still made
off the rolling mill:

50kg, 53kg, 60kg, 66kg and 68kg  If there was a big enough order they will
product 47kg (Darwin to Alice Springs???????)

PS: I have just purchased approx 50t of 53kg so they still must make it :-)

Cheers

Stephen Devenish
Senior Project Engineer

John Holland Rail Division