Re: Violence on Sydney trains

John wrote:

> How many weeks course is it to drive a train. How come all the train drivers
> I know have trouble speaking properly and are not very good at reading.
> actually I would even consider them to be illiterate. Everyone knows that in
> the past if you don't have any brains join the railway. There is the
> properway and the railway.
>
> How many train drivers stop at the right stations if it was not for the
> guard calling them in the intercom. They always seem to stop and not stop
> when they are supposed to.
>
> Tell me more train driver, why are you only a train driver, because if you
> were not you would only be a labourer.

It takes 26 weeks plus safeworking.
I will have you know that I gave up a career in foreign
exchange/business
banking to become a train driver. Also there are pilots, doctors and
other uni
degree holders who are train crew.
Before you say I was kicked out of the bank, the bank offered me a
10,000 a year
pay rise to stay.
Occasionaly train drivers will over shoot, not stop at platforms but
they are
human. Who died and made you god??

It is practice/requirement for guards and drivers to confirm the
stopping
pattern of the train.

You say that some train drivers,and I quote " have trouble speaking
properly and
are not very good at reading. actually I would even consider them to be
illiterate."
The parts in the " are a direct quote, and I see that you have failed to
use a
capitol letter at the start of the next sentance. To me its the pot
callling the
kettle black. (I have never said that I was perfect and some times slip
up
myself.)

Why become a train driver?
$60,000 per year. More free time due to shift work. A stable, secure
job. (As
far as jobs go.) Most of your expenses paid for ie uniform & travelling
time to
and from courses.
5 weeks holidays per year plus public holidays and of course free
travel.

Not bad really, huh?

If you have tried to get me to bite, I have, but couldn't careless.
As far as I see it you are at a disadvantage, you frusterated train
driver.

rgds