Re: Violence on Sydney trains

>How many weeks course is it to drive a train. How come all the train
drivers
>I know have trouble speaking properly and are not very good at reading.
>actually I would even consider them to be illiterate. Everyone knows that
in
>the past if you don't have any brains join the railway. There is the
>properway and the railway.

I know a good many professional people whose spelling, grammar and
punctuation could be said to be anywhere between ordinary to appalling.
Indeed, whilst I don't wish to put down any of my fellow employees because
they are all intelligent and excellent people to work with, some of the
teaching staff at the school I work at would have trouble competing against
a train driver in a spelling bee.

Computer graduates seem to be a mixed bunch too as are accountants, judging
by those in these professions whom I know personally.

I think you will find most workplaces whether it be the railways, a
financial institution, educational institutions, computer companies, etc
have their mixed share of literate and semi-literate employees. To single
out the railways is unfair.