Re: Violence on Sydney trains

Rod wrote in message <7k515p$l9j$1@news1.mpx.com.au>...
>BIG SNIP..>>>
>

>John wrote in message <7k2miu$6l8$1@news1.mpx.com.au>...
>>How many weeks course is it to drive a train. How come all the train
>drivers

Sorry to answer my own post....but having read it again, it seemed like I
was agreeing that Train drivers were uneducated.
I really did not mean this, as being worked out of Dynon Loco at least 16
years, I know the opposite to be true!
Most Enginemen I know have a trade behind them. We had Carpenters, Cabinet
Makers, Panel Beaters Mechanics, a couple of Diesel Fitters an Accountant or
two and many other Clerical types.
Frank Hussey who led the Union for a while, and went on to senior Management
with National Rail was a very good prospect as an Industrial Chemist [to the
disgust of his tutors at Uni,he wanted to drive trains]. Mick Kavanagh who
was a senior Secretary with our Union recently became Freight Victorias 4th
Area Manager.
He spent the last many years earning a B of Commerce part time.
Most Enginemen better them selves, although few will admit it, they love
their job, if not the hours. But the money is dam good!
now as you can see I am on the lower end of this order, as I can't get the
spell checker to highlite anymore.....now what did I do to lose it.........I
know bloody Explorer5, it must have gone when I deleted........
Rod :(