Re: Long Island Scrap steel question

BIG SNIP>>>>>>>>

>And have been for some time.  I can remember spending a few days
>photographing the South Maitland Railway and the J&A Brown
>Hexham-Stockrington trains in the 70s, and filling in time hunting out
>the old double decker buses.  We were standing in the car park
>(outside any fence line) at BHP photographing a bus when a security
>guard told us to stop.  We didn't even think we were on BHP property,
>but apparently the cameras might have picked up a solid brown wall in
>the background :-)
>
>JD

Around 1975 when I was still settling down after a stint as a field engineer
in Vietnam, I decided to take my family around Australia by Caravan.
Near Mackay, I found a very well built Railway Line and lost count of the
number of Aluminium hoppers hauled past me, but noticed a brace of engines
in the middle as they roared by.
I took the van to the nearest caravan park and headed for the coast to find
out where the train was heading. Found a Facility
with Utah signs everywhere, no photographs no tresspassing etc.
Found a hill to one side, and as it offered a great view of the balloon loop
that was now occupied by the train I had crossed some hour before. Now it
was split in to two portions and the second portion was about to enter the
tippler. I had about 20 photos, taken
and with the aid of a 300 Telephoto, a balmy sunny day, I thought I had some
good shots.
I noticed a jeep leave the gate area, and a few minutes later I was attacked
by a couple of goons who demanded I hand over the camera, and depart their
property immediatly...Told them to F### Off or I would get the Police!
You know the rest..I argued...I lost.....
If any body really believes this is our country, or that this is a free
country, you obviously have not been manhandled by a couple of Utah goons
dressed like MP's.
When the Queensland Cops arrived [brown shirts and all] I thought these
goons would find out who owns this country now....
well I did anyway......spent 4 hours locked up at Mackay Police Station
[planning how to blow the whole bloody facility off the face of Australia]
Yep it is a free country,One of the Cops was a Vet too, and that saved me a
beating and so after signing a statement and promising to leave Mackay
[actually lucky they did not kick me out of Queensland] immediately. I was
released minus the camera, but intact.
Now I work for Yank's, do you wonder why I am worried!!
Rod {%(}