Re: Melbourne's Docklands Tramway

David McLoughlin <davemcl@REMOVEiprolink.co.nz> wrote in message
37587B4D.4E2E@REMOVEiprolink.co.nz">news:37587B4D.4E2E@REMOVEiprolink.co.nz...
> John Wayman wrote:
> >
> > The literature handed out at the City Link Bolte Bridge open day
>
> The Bolte bridge, eh?
>
> Henry Bolte was the dinosaur of a state premier when I was a very small
> kid.

> Good riddance to the sod, and how fitting to name a road bridge after
> the motoring lobby's friend.

Your comment David has actually suggested the true symbolism of the bridge
and its name. At the centre of the bridge are two tall decorative towers
that are are otherwise useless. After your comment, they now suggest to me
Sir Henry giving Melbourne a two finger salute saying "Up you" or similar.
What a memorial!

Cheers
John Wayman