Re: RIP ASW?

David Langley wrote in message <379F03B3.EFA310DB@ancc.com.au>...
>David Johnson wrote:
>
>> It will stop a minor over-run causing a major disaster.
>
|In railway signalling on a single line, there is no such thing as a minor
over-run.

That's the problem!  When you are sitting in the cab as someone hurtles past
the signal that is supposed to protect you, you can just say this could not
have been a 'minor over-run', because their is no such thing....So the
signal facing the other driver must have been proceed, and the indication
was therefore incorrect.....But hold on David, Signals cannot lie!   The
Driver is at fault.
Drivers should have the only responsibility for signalling! They should
select the designs, oversee their construction, and operation. Then we would
be safe from the "In railway signalling on a single line, there is no such
thing as a minor over-run."  mentality
Rod