Re: RIP ASW?

> been set aside for crossing loop extensions.
> It would cost less than $10 M to convert the existing mess into CTC
> from Totty Loop to Pyrenees Loop including track circuiting the line ,
> provision of departure sigs & approach distants ,plus one set of
intermediate
> autos .
> Lets get on with it.
>
> MD

Yes for a relatively small outlay CTC is an option, some months back the
figure was either 6 or 8 million, (can't remember the exact amount but as
you said less than $10 million) rumour has it that the PTC has spent upwards
of $40 Million on ASW whilst this figure maybe an exageration its still
money (no matter how much) down the drain.

I remember a former Supt of Safeworking saying to me when ASW was in its
infancy, "Why would you want to spend $20 million dollars on ASW when for 20
cents you can get a Train Order book to do the same thing".

So you see not everyone in the PTC supported it!!!

Bob.