Re: RIP ASW?

Notagunzel wrote:

> Exnarc <gwrly@netspace.net.au> wrote in message
> 7nj4a1$5fs$1@otis.netspace.net.au">news:7nj4a1$5fs$1@otis.netspace.net.au...
>
> > Victoria has allowed running crosses on CTC (and ATC)
> without any problems,
> > this action of preventing running crosses on ARTC Track is
> just an over
> > reaction as the result of the Hines Hill collision.
>
> Does this include across the TAR?

On the TAR you have to stop to enter the loop, i,e, stop to push the
button to change the points (at the moment - maybe they will install
DICE now that ARTC have some on their tracks). I have seen the second
train at a cross wait at the "arrival home signal" until the first train
has come to a stand before departing even if the other train has already
got in clear and is just moving along the loop.

> > PS. Even the MET (Bayside) do running crosses on the
> Cranbourne line.
>
> Entering the loop at line speed... :o)
>
> Methinks it must be the only crossing loop where you can
> have a running cross at line speed in Aust?

You are probably right. In fact it is more of a bit of double line than
a crossing loop.

DEL.