Re: City Rail Security Guards

In <379BE8B8.BFAB1F97@smartchat.net.au> Rod Gayford <rjaygee@smartchat.net.au> writes:

>Any organisation that invites the public onto its premises is responsible for the well being
>of those invited. This is solid common law.  If City Rail fails to take reasonable steps to
>prevent the travelling public from being assaulted then City Rail should be held liable for
>its negligence.  Call youself a professional, a professional person would not even think like
>you do.

So if I walked into my friends house and someone decided to waltz in the
front door behind me who neither me nor my friend knew, and assaulted me,
then my friend is liable? I don't think so....

As I've said - we are definitely required to provide safety in terms of the
trains and related infrastucture, but we are not, and *cannot* (more to the
point) ensure the *personal* safety of each and every passenger.

Regards,

Craig.

--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport