Re: City Rail Security Guards

In <379BCAC6.592E7024@nmit.vic.edu.au> david <david@nmit.vic.edu.au> writes:

>Because the general public's concerns of security, may keep them away from rail.
>At least providing seciurty guards (if they do their job) helps. If Citirail want to run
>empty trains efficiantly they can. Being *not* responsible for passenegers doesn't sound too
>good either.

Be careful though - I didn't say we weren't responsible for passenger safety
point-blank. Of course we have to make sure the trains are safe, and the
track are safe, etc. so passengers don't get injured by mechanical and
infrastructure definciences. But we are *not* required to ensure each
individual passenger's *personal* safety - that's the point I was making.

But I agree that if the security guards did their job properly (like the
ones on the Perth trains), there'd be less of the (apparent) stigma.

Regards,

Craig.
--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport