Platform Tickets

Hello and greetings from Scotland

I collect Platform Tickets and some years ago (1994?) I started a
correspondence with someone in Sydney to try to get what were then
new machine-issued Platform Tickets on CityRail. Unfortunately I lost
contact, but I would now like to try again.

Are Platform Tickets still available?   I got the impression
previously that although they may not be *required* the facility was
there, much as it is here in the UK - most stations are open but the
ticket machines in ticket offices can all issue Platform Tickets, and
clerks will, mostly, do so on request.

Does anyone  have some for exchange against UK rail tickets or,
failing that, if still available, be willing and able to buy them from
stations for me? I would send over some dollars to fund that.    My
guess is that this would be all the staffed stations in the Sydney
suburban area.

I have quite a few edmondson Platform Tickets from the Sydney area,
and other states as well, although I have most from NSW and Victoria.
None of this type still around I suppose?

Any help anyone can give me would be much appreciated, especially as I
saw it suggested that the ticket machines may be due for replacement.

--
Stuart Johnson in Peterhead, Scotland