Re: Metrol (was: Y2K Fears to Stop Cityrail Trains)

Lineman wrote in message <7nk6j9$n3m$1@perki.connect.com.au>...

>Jennifer Richmond <richmond@melbpc.org.au> wrote in message
>379D2D1D.B7A41429@melbpc.org.au">news:379D2D1D.B7A41429@melbpc.org.au...
>>

>> LooseLips wrote:
>>
>> > But what happens when all communications cease.......
>>
>> Just hope that everyone has a VERY LOUD VOICE!!!
>>
>>As all police leave has been cancelled at that time, Police will walk up
>cab windows and say "Move along Driver" ;-)
Not in Melbourne!
most of them are so dense, all their training is spent on using the gun, or
the batton.
And if their approach is not 'that' urgent. A learn't speech which is
hammered into them at the
Kennett Police Academy goes something like this "Licence?........take it out
of the walet....... Do you know that you only had one hand on the steering
wheel? that is an offence!"
I dont care if you were scratching your bum, do it with both hands on the
wheel.
Are you arguing with me?...Do you want me to do a roadworthy on your car?
You can send a cheque within 28 days, or I will see you in Court.
Now Piss Off!....Next!
They collected an amazing extra $250 million in their first 2 Kennett Years
[according to Herald Sun]
The amazing thing is that the roads have never been so bad, driver
temperement is awfull, Road-rage is out of control. Young women in tiny
little box cars scream all over the road, or if the mood swings they dawdle
down Sydney Road window shopping. What a hell of a place.
Rod