Re: Metrol (was: Y2K Fears to Stop Cityrail Trains)

LooseLips wrote in message <933046165.211501@diddley.primus.com.au>...
>Speaking of y2k, there is a contingency plan for new years eve, as we are
>all aware that the trains will be running all night, hand signallers will
be
>placed, with necessary equipment (flags, authorities etc..), at all
>signalling locations in the event that something does go wrong.
>
>Fair enough i think.
>
>But what happens when all communications cease.......and
Won't? because the five Jumbo's scheduled to arrive Tullamarine within 5
mins of Midnight all come down at the same time, but at the wrong place!
They will probably all end up at Tottenham Rail Yards.
A pilot friend of mine tells a yarn about some Overseas Pilots visiting
Melbourne for the first time.
It seems that the Rail Yard is lit up so brightly that it is the first thing
you can pick out clearly when approaching Melbourne.
Rod ;o}