Re: City Rail Security Guards

Perhaps CityRail could learn from QR-Citytrain ... selected night trains are
advertised in the timetable as having security guards on board ... so the
more nervous night traveller can pick a "guardian" train. And the guards
actually walk up and down, talking to people and keeping everyone in check.
Just my 5c

John Boxall
box@ozemail.com.au

379BE8B8.BFAB1F97@smartchat.net.au">news:379BE8B8.BFAB1F97@smartchat.net.au...

<metalastic@ozemail.com.au> writes:

> > >Wouldn't it be far better for Cityrail to bite the bullet and get those
> > >other so called guards off their collective $#@%# and patrol the train?
> > >Most can't even be bothered to announce stations let alone do anything
> > >constructive towards improving security. By the way it's interesting to
note
> > >how many Train Guards obviously have English as a second language-
maybe
> > >Chubb has taken a leaf out of Cityrails book? As for PTU demands that
these
> > >jobs be given to redundant staff- good idea. If they were prepared to
have a
> > >go which seems unlikely- one only has to look at the currant std of
service
> > >offered.
> >
> > All this makes sense, but the whole Chubb contract is a political
solution
> > to a nasty political problem. The fact that there was a blanket security
> > contract awarded stifled the opposition's complaints about the
(apparently)
> > inadequate on-train security presence.
> >
> > To be honest, I do not see what we (speaking of CityRAil in general)
should

http://lios.apana.org.au/~craigd