Re: Steamfreight 99 - Hightlights and not-so-highlights

Michael Kurkowski <mk@netstra.com.au> wrote in message
7ms8vo$n1b$2@toto.tig.com.au">news:7ms8vo$n1b$2@toto.tig.com.au...

> Yes, where WERE all these ausrailers? :) I only saw Yuri,
Krel, Craig Haber
> and Eben (because I went up there and back wif him).

I was in attendance on Sunday, maintaining a suitably low
profile...

Michael Kurkowski <mk@netstra.com.au> wrote in message
7msd5f$49$1@toto.tig.com.au">news:7msd5f$49$1@toto.tig.com.au...

> I did not at all care for the cancelled services. It is
something that is
> expected anywhere, and adds slight variety from what you
could see on the
> timetable. To all the people who whinged like school
children about cancelled
> services, wake up to yourselves. At least the preservation
society exists! Or
> would you rather see K160, F212, T333, RM58 and numerous
passenger cars and
> freight wagons in: new cars, firewood, paddocks rotting
away, food tins, etc,
> you get the point.

The only real problem was optimistic Timetabing, which meant
the second train always got checked at the Home waiting for
the first to shunt.  Nobody has yet mentioned that on
Sunday, K160 was running around with K157's plates...

> Reggie with his human impersonating microphone. All I
heard him do all weekend
> was whinge about what should and should not have happened
this year. i.e. kids
> should be banned because they were a nuisance and wouldnt
contribute anything,
> VGR should just pluck money out of the air and convert
RM58 back to it's
> original state (i.e. before refurbishment), last night's
listening stop train
> was not good enough, complaining about their incompetance
because of having to
> cancel trains, etc. Well reggie boy, let's see you try and
do better.

On Sunday, it was camped at Pipeline Crossing, methinks the
poor signalman will need ongoing psyiactric help for the
rest of his life...

--
Mr Notagunzel.
Rail Transportation Connoisseur.