Re: Bayside Trains driver stood down.

Christopher_Martin GORDON <cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au> wrote in
message 7mtnbn$96g$2@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU">news:7mtnbn$96g$2@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU...
> : A large rect. sign, same size and shape as a Freeway 100
kph sign [both made
> : by DeNeefe at Eltham]
> : predominantly white , reflectorised, with a large black
circle filled with
> : an X (X)
> : and most gangers have not got a clue what they mean or
where to place them!
> : The new crossing between Donnybrook and Craigeburn has
them facing the wrong
> : way on the UP and too far away from the crossing. The
equipment is able to
> : save the information each time the crossing is activated
and could be used
> : to save or sink a driver, if a crossing incident
occurred.
> : Rod
>
> Correct me if I am wrong but a black cross means a fouling
point for the
> level crossing, ie when a train passes this point (for
shunting) the level
> crossing will start.  Found at other places like Sunshine.

> Basically means pass this point only if you wish to cross
the crossing.

One, the white diamond with a black cross is a 'approach
section indicator'?, used to show where the track circuit
for the crossing starts.  Used near stations & sidings
etc...

The other, the white sign with black circle & black cross,
indicates the start of an approach to a level crossing
predictor.

--
Mr Notagunzel.
Rail Transportation Connoisseur.