Re: Validating Metcards

Ron has found yet another failing in the design of the system.
Customer unfriendly, and designed to turn even ordinary passengers into
criminals.
It would actually be easier to have all machines programmed the same way:
all tickets types should be available at machines at all locations.

The Yarra trams blurb is simply another of the misleading pieces of
publicity associated with the introduction of metcard.

At Flinders St, the barriers don't know which company you are boarding (and
I am not advocating separate barriers for the two companies; I am
advocating no barriers, as in Perth).

--
Regards
Roderick Smith

Ron BESDANSKY (formerly Ron BEST) <ronbest@bigpond.com> wrote in article
> (BTW, I tried to buy a Zone 2-3 Adult Daily from at least two TVMs at
> Flinders Street. They kept saying "invalid ticket type", even though they
> have a specific button for this combination. Is this some sort of
anti-fraud
> thing, to stop people buying a Zone 2-3 ticket in Zone 1 to travel beyond
> Zone 1, without having bought a Zone 1 ticket? But surely the gates in
Zone