Re: Validating Metcards

Roderick Smith wrote:

> At Flinders St, the barriers don't know which company you are boarding (and
> I am not advocating separate barriers for the two companies; I am
> advocating no barriers, as in Perth).

The lack of staff on the Perth system is appalling (or at least was when I was
there a few years ago). I travelled around the system a lot and only found
staff at terminal stations. I found that I had been travelling around on the
wrong type of ticket for a week and I only discovered this when I had to start
my journey from Perth station one morning. However, I must say that I saw a
higher proportion of people buying than in Melbourne.

Sam Eades
eadess@yahoo.com