Re: [AUS] Radio forum on public transport

Leif wrote:

> JohnO wrote:
> What I want to see is a true "user pays" system

No way!! I much prefer having my public transport subsidised, very
much!!

> >    Train station car parks are amoungst the number one places to steal cars,
> > just ask
> >    poor old Forg who lost his RS Liberty at a Rail station...
>
> That is true: train station car parks are among the worst spots to lose
> your car... second only to shopping centres (particularly with movie
> theatres), and right up there with almost any other car parking area...
> the problem arises wherever you find that cars are parked in abundance,
> and left for long periods of time... but think:
>
> If you had a realistic public transport system, you won't need to drive
> to some huge, central railway station - you'd catch a bus. Or (and this
> would be if you really lived a long way from the city), drive to a bus
> stop...

The car wasn't parked at a parking station; it was just in the street
not that far from a railway station. If you drove to a bus-stop, then
it'd be the same situation.

--
Forg!                   -DUH#6=- (Y1)

"Flamin' heck; another Volvo Driver!"