Re: 6039 [was 6029 thread]

Darren Yates wrote:

> Sorry all, I assumed it had gone to Dorrigo based on info from the DSR&M web
> site
> http://www.ozemail.com.au/~dsrm/Newlist1.gif
>
> If you look at the loco list, it includes 6042. I assumed they had already
> moved it.

I don't think that it is an official site because the DSR&M Ltd Newsletter
No.2-1999 dated 16 March 1999 had this to say about the internet ......... "
...... Members should stop putting news about our Museum's day to day progress
on the Internet; some enthusiasts will not join up as Members, if they can learn
what's going on without paying Membership fees."

The full text of the paragragh leading up to the above comment was as follows

"One of the Board's priorities now, is to use the Settlement as a positive,
toward recovering the levels of Membership enjoyed prior to the dispute. If you
share your Newsletter with someone, then it's about time "that someone" joined
up as a Member. I know of numerous Members who pass their Newsletters on to
others. Application Forms are available and will be posted out on request. All
Members should try to join up at least one new Member; I'm sure many of you know
someone who dropped out because of the dispute, or hasn't joined the Museum
because of the hostilities, or who has been getting information about the Museum
from somewhere else. Well NOW is the time for them to join up!! It never ceases
to amaze me how many so called railway enthusiasts do not support our Museum,
but are very quick to seek access to our collection to measure up a unique
vehicle so that they can make a model of it or something. If our Members hadn't
saved it; they couldn't get the details they need!"

any comment?

Rob