National Rail Taskforce

The final report of the National Rail Taskforce establised by the PM under the
chairmanship of Mr Jack Smorgan to make recomendations as to how and what
should be done to enhance rails competitiveness is available fro DOTs
Website .
http://www.dot.gov.au/land/rail/RailProjTask/index.htm

For most readers of this group there is nothing new in this report as its all
common sense , unfortunately that the pollies cant see it though.

One of the more interesting recommendations is that all future Federal Funding
for Rail must be conditional on State cooperation ,(here I wouldnt hold my
breath) and also that the States totally get out of running their own freight
trains .

Its worth a read

MD