Re: GSR Intermediate stops

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999 15:32:27 +1000, David Johnson
<trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>Krel wrote:
>
>> Until the new timetable we used to slow down "for a look" at the
>> platform at Stawell. Nowadays GSR say the train does not stop so we
>> sail through at track speed. All designated stops on the Overland are
>> fully reserved stops. We don't even slow down if there is no one
>> booked on or off. It took a little getting used to but I guess it
>> makes sense.
>
>Too bad if you book after the train has left FSS.

a). the Overland does not depart from FSS (Flinders Street Station).
The ride would be too bumpy. It departs from MSS (Melbourne, Spencer
Street).

b). GSR train managers (and NRC crews) have mobile phone so 'help is
just a phone call away'.

Cheers

Krel

Steamfreight 99 at Victorian Goldfields Railway - July 17-18 1999.

VGR website http://www.castlemaine.net.au/~vgr/

Waxy Wary Zany Zebu