Re: 6039 [was 6029 thread]

On Thu, 01 Jul 1999 11:35:20 +1000, robson <robson@cia.com.au> wrote,
and I selectively quote:

>Members should stop putting news about our Museum's day to day progress
>on the Internet; some enthusiasts will not join up as Members, if they can learn
>what's going on without paying Membership fees."

I've joined a couple of Societies in the last couple of years on the
basis that once I'd discovered what they were doing and the level of
support they needed, I felt a membership was an appropriate way to
support that group.

If a Society keeps its affairs as "Secret Men's Business", they'll
stay small and unknown.  It's their choice to make.

I'd be saying to the members "Hand out our newsletter as an example of
the work we're doing and the work ahead of us still to be done and ask
for support by membership."

You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Regards

Yuri
--
Yuri J Sos