Re: Countrylink named as World's Worst Passenger Service

Robert Harris wrote in message <36999476.B09549BD@fastlink.com.au>...

>Just off the track a bit.
>Talking to some countrylink persons (must be politicaly correct now) they
said
>that when the pensioners were paying $10 for their tickets they were making
money.

>Now they still carry the same dead beats and not making money.

I would like to know why the pensioners get first class - I know, it is a
hangover from the days when the XPT's were first-class plus supplement, then
premier class, but why not reduce a seven-car XPT to 2 first class cars
(XAM,XBR) and 5 cattle class cars, stick all of the freebies in
cattle-class, really upgrade the service in first class, and jack up the
prices - I know there are people who are willing to pay this (about 30
tennis umpires going from Sydney to Melbourne this Sunday, for example!)

David "The Doctor" Proctor
http://derek.jenkins.net/ozemail/index.html

On a clear disk you can seek forever.           -Computerworld button