Re: "Fare Comment" letter in today's Daily Telegraph (Sydney, .au)

David Johnson wrote:

> Agreed.  I was taking a friend to the Airport on New Years Eve, and we went for
> the 08:03 train from Como.  (It was advertised as being a Saturday Timetable).
> It turned out that the train was scheduled for 07:59, but no-one was told this.
>
> Then there was the absolute farce of stopping patterns on the Illawarra line,
> where the Waterfall trains would stop at all stations except Tempe.  The
> Cronulla trains had an extra stop at Tempe, but no stop at Jannali.  Who employs
> these idiots to do timetables???
>
> --
> David Johnson
> CityRail Guard
> trainman@ozemail.com.au
> http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/

The same people who drive their cars (own or govt) to work, and probably were
actually on holidays during this period. I reckon that a bunch of TT enthusiasts
could (and would) do a much better job of it and would probably do it for nothing.