Re: "Fare Comment" letter in today's Daily Telegraph (Sydney, .au)

David Proctor wrote:

> Bill Bennett <"billbennett"@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> <76ro2v$vqq$1@reader1.reader.news.ozemail.net>...
> >Running peak hour weekend schedules to the Northern Suburbs was plain daft.
> I had
> >to stand all the way from Hornsby to Wynyard and most of the way back. The
> >morning train was so packed people couldn't get on my carriage once we
> reached
> >Turramurra.
>
> Perhaps they should do what they used to do in Melbourne - publish a
> seperate timetable for this period, and make sure it is on all the stations.
>
> Nobody (except drivers and guards) knew when the extra trains were running,
> and the only timetable information available was the timetable for weekends.
>
> It was an absolute joke.

Agreed.  I was taking a friend to the Airport on New Years Eve, and we went for
the 08:03 train from Como.  (It was advertised as being a Saturday Timetable).
It turned out that the train was scheduled for 07:59, but no-one was told this.

Then there was the absolute farce of stopping patterns on the Illawarra line,
where the Waterfall trains would stop at all stations except Tempe.  The
Cronulla trains had an extra stop at Tempe, but no stop at Jannali.  Who employs
these idiots to do timetables???

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard