Re: Ticket Machines in Melbourne - Again

Peter Charles Tonoli wrote:

> Iming Chan (chani@translib.com.au) wrote:
> : John Duncan McCallum wrote:
> : > The only problem with that is: How do you purchase your ticket at
> : > station
> : > equipped with barriers?
> : > You would not be able to get to the ticket office or ATM to do so.
>
> : All stations equipped with barriers should have at least one open
> gate
> : to accommodate customers with non-Metcard tickets, wheelchair, pram,
>
> : group travel, etc.
>
> Excuse my ignorance, but what is the point of having barriers to
> platforms
> when there are open barriers to avoid the ticket activated ones?

As I have indicated above, some customers are still using valid tickets
that would not be accepted by those validators/barrier gates and they
include:

*  Paper and scratchy tickets;
*  Yearly full-fare tickets;
*  Primary/secondary student passes;
*  Prepaid travel authority for schools; etc.

Furthermore, customers using Metcard Family or Group-Get-A-Bout tickets
must also use open barrier gates.  This is because barrier gates will
close as soon as the first person walk through it (ie. Other people in
the group will get left behind!)

I.C.

Iming Chan                                     Station Staff, Ringwood
                                                       Hillside Trains
Email: chani@translib.com.au                      Melbourne, Australia
   ** To reply, please remove 'X' at the end of my email address **