Re: The stupidity of passengers.

andrew-d wrote in message <3693736E.4E1728A1@rivernet.com.au>...
have you ever feared being spat at every day you go to
>work ?

An enthusiast that I knew who also used too work on the railways in the NW
of England was spat at by a bunch of youths on the train he was working as a
guard. He found them playing around in the rear cab of the two car DMU and
removed them. They spat at him, and unfortunately, being a bit naive he spat
back at one of the youths, missing him and hitting another passengers two
year old child in the face. He was suspended from work, facing an assault
charge from the Police and was having trouble with his girlfriend. This may
not seem to be the end of the world to you or me, but to him it was as he
ended his life in front of one of the DMU's he used to work on, presumably
thinking it was being worked by one of his colleagues from the same depot,
whom he didnt get on with. It turned out the train was staffed by people
from a different depot.