Re: The stupidity of passengers.

In article <1999Jan5.172634.14874@hpal02.isd.tafensw.edu.au>, mstrutt@newsmail.tafensw.edu.au writes...
>In article <76m3c1$48n$1@lios.apana.org.au>, craigd@lios.apana.org.au (C. Dewick) writes:
>> Sigh... this is one thing in the favour of privatisation - fully-armed and
>> trained security personel, like what many US and Canadian transit operators
>> have.. They wouldn't tolerate people doing what people get away with now on
>> our trains.

	Uhhhhh.
	Who ordered the load of olde cobblers?
	(I know, wrong n.g. ...)
	Armed security staff on transit, here, are Exceeding Uncommon.
	'hooligan' element, especially ex rock concerts & sporting events
	exists.

>	And the propaganda we commuters are fed is that
>	the main argument in favour of privatisation is
>	that in the US and Canada, slack, lazy, stupid
>	& discourteous rail staff are not tolerated.

>	Reckon the trains are safer over there Craig?
>	Reckon the staff are better?
>	Know what a stooge is?

	Larry, Curly or Moe?
	8)>>

thanks
dave pierson                        |the facts, as accurately as i can manage,
Compaq Computer Corporation         |the opinions, my own.
334 South St                        |
Shrewsbury, Mass USA                 pierson@gone.enet.dec.com
"He has read everything, and, to his credit, written nothing."  A J Raffles
"....the net of a million lies...."	Vernor Vinge