Re: Peterborough Railway Station(slightly vandalised)

In article <01be3694$f6492100$LocalHost@default> "dirtcircuitvideos" <dirtcircuitvideos@bigpond.com> writes:
>From: "dirtcircuitvideos" <dirtcircuitvideos@bigpond.com>
>Subject: Re: Peterborough Railway Station(slightly vandalised)
>Date: 3 Jan 1999 07:13:11 +1000

>Maurie Daly,
>          Thanks for your comments Maurie, I will have several
>photos of  the Peterborough Station ready Tuesday and I
>will send copies to who ever wants them, They will be
>posted on    (alt.binaries.pictures.rail)  what a pity the
>is no Australian  binaries News Group , could one be started.

>The Peterborough Station with all its outbuildings was one
>of the largest in South Australia and the vandalism nearly
>makes me cry, to see all that beaut equipment being
>destroyed by mindless youths with nothing better to do.

If you really want to be a stirrer then the following may get some response.
Firstly look closely around the station for any signs that indicate that it is
still an AN station, most closed ex SAR stations now usually have a sign on
them to this effect.
Send your photos , scanned images will do and a note expressing total disgust
at the condition of the station to both The First Assistant Secretary , Land
Transport Division, Federal Dept of Transport, you can get their email address
from www.dot.gov.au .(His name is Bruce Gemmel)
Also to the SA Minister of Transport and the Shadow SA Minister of
Transport, making sure that all three know that the pictures have been sent to
the other two.
Indicate also that you will be sending the same pictures to the media ,
although I doubt that you will have to do this.
In the case of the DOT and the SA Transport Minister office ,they are obliged
to respond in some way .
Their responses will be amusing to say the least.
Usually what happens in these circumstances is that everyone runs for cover,ie
tries to pass the blame onto someone else,the Feds will blame the State and
vice versa.

Best of luk.
MD