Re: Peterborough Railway Station(slightly vandalised)

Maurie Daly,
          Thanks for your comments Maurie, I will have several
photos of  the Peterborough Station ready Tuesday and I
will send copies to who ever wants them, They will be
posted on    (alt.binaries.pictures.rail)  what a pity the
is no Australian  binaries News Group , could one be started.

The Peterborough Station with all its outbuildings was one
of the largest in South Australia and the vandalism nearly
makes me cry, to see all that beaut equipment being
destroyed by mindless youths with nothing better to do.

The main office block is a double story affair built of brick
all the windows have been boarded up, but one window
on the top story at the western end has been removed
giving fairly easy access to Monkey brained kids who
climb the fancy brick wall ,they then have access to
interior of the building where they can have there disgusting
fun and games,  I have been rebolting the doors on the
Station building but have been unable to repair the broken
window on the office block nor have I been able to gain
entrance to see the extent of the Damage being done.

These buildings are not shacks but very well built
structures and I realy do not understand why the
Government  has let "The Rott Set In"

Thanks all for the great response to the article
it might make some one in power take urgently
needed action.

The Train Watcher,
Robin.
          Peterborough. Tel : 08 86 513018.
--
Dirtcircuit Videos
 Email:  dirtcircuitvideos@bigpond.com

Maurie Daly <mauried@commslab.gov.au> wrote in article
<mauried.133.368CA9E3@commslab.gov.au>...

<01be3517$a29a6560$LocalHost@default>...

> >>GSR are not going to do anything for a station that is only used four
(soon
> >>to be six) times a week.
>
> >>DaveP
>
> >I dont think thats what the original poster asked .
> >GSR dont own the station , the real question is who does ?
> >I suspect possibly the SA Dept of Transport or worse still the Federal
Dept of
> >Transport.
> >The same question could also be asked of all the other derelict stations
in
> >country SA like Tailem Bend , Murray Bridge and Bordertown.
> >Its quite possible that the above organizations dont know they own any
> >stations.The sale of AN to ASR and the transfer of the track to ARTC
didnt
> >include things like stations .
>
> >I suspect that a question of the local member may be the only way to get
some
> >answers.
>
> >MD
>

> Further on this thread a bit, the above problem reveals one of the
> fundamental flaws of horizontal integration , ie where railways are run
by a
> variety of differant organizations each with a differant viewpoint.
> GSR are a private train operator who run passenger trains,but own no
stations
> or locomotives, only rolling stock.
> They lease one station namely Keswick.
> Its understandable why they want SG facilites at Adelaides Central
Station ,