Re: Ticket Machines in Melbourne - Again

>>In regard to "... defeat the system in this manner would get caught at
>>the other end."  This is not quite true, as "other end" could also
>>include minor stations (such as East Camberwell, Auburn, East Richmond,
>>etc.), which do not have barrier gates or station staff.  In this case,
>>customers with invalid tickets can simply walk through!
>
>Well, that's really the Met's fault for making such a ridiculously stupid
>ticketing system.

I prefer it this way given the poor reliability of tickets. The PTC must
recognise this too, most stations with exit barrier gates seem to have at
least one open permanently eg Camberwell, Flinders Street. Between the times
my ticket hasn't worked at all and the times the gates haven't and I have
had to be waved through by the person staffing the open gate, I am sincerely
glad the system is not a 'closed' system! The PTC might be getting sued for
false imprisonment if it were.